A day in the life at Skyterra Embrace
From the cascading waterfalls of Looking Glass Falls and lush green rhododendron that surrounds every trail to massive mountains that seem to go on forever, Skyterra Embrace takes beautiful scenery to the next level.
But there’s more to the Embrace treehouse on the mountaintop than its beauty. Join us for nutrition and movement classes, while daily therapy helps you on your journey of healing. Learn more about who you are through our yoga and mindfulness practice. Along the way you’ll dance, laugh and make the sweetest of memories.
Rise and shine: 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Did you know that morning is one of the most important times of the day? Start yours off right at Embrace with a community of young women who are all working to become their favorite version of themselves. Here we set intentions and have one-on-one planning sessions to ensure that you will meet your goals.
- Wake up and begin with your own personal morning routine
- Circle up with the group to set intentions and read the daily schedule
- Participate in Connect, a mindfulness practice consisting of mobility, stretching and breathwork
- Breakfast with the community
- Get ready for the day ahead.
Movement, Nutrition and Self-Care: 9 a.m. to noon
These aren’t your average fitness and nutrition classes. Think jamming to music, cheering on your friends, walking, hiking, dancing and organizing throughout your Embrace journey. In your program, you will have the opportunity to learn from our licensed dietitians and fitness specialists.
- Campus walks
- Fitness and nutrition classes
- Hikes through Dupont, Pisgah, and the Nantahala National Forest (otherwise known as the land of the waterfalls)
- Adventure yoga at destinations with all of the views
- Pickleball, swimming and massage therapy at Skyterra Wellness Retreat, named a top 3 wellness retreat in the nation every year since 2017!
Learning and Growing: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Become a student of self-care and an expert on the Five Pillars of Wellness. This is your journey, use this time to absorb all of the infinite wisdom that our clinical team has to offer. Reflect on your past, current and future to help navigate who you want to become.
- Culinary education and practice
- Therapy group
- Working on individual Legacy projects
- Reflection group
- Letter-writing time
- Private nutrition, therapy and fitness sessions.
Dinner Prep and Evening Routine: 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
At Skyterra Embrace we start and end each day as a family. This is our time to reflect on our day and be proud of ourselves for all that we have accomplished.
- Make dinner as a community
- Family-style dinner using the Skyterra Plate
- Student-led conversations
- Spa nights with face masks that we make ourselves, foot scrubs and other fun and relaxing self-care activities
- Painting, macrame, journaling, movies and games
- Off to your bedroom or apartment for self-care time before lights out.
Overnight Excursions: once every four weeks
Skyterra Embrace values Mother Nature and the adventure inherent in our natural world. For this reason, we love to adventure in the great outdoors. On overnight excursions, the views are incredible and the lifestyle is easy-going, the air is cleaner, the sounds are calming, and the campfires spark the best conversations.
- Goat yoga
- Foraging classes
- Sustainability classes
- Hikes and views
- Themed dinner parties
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Workouts in the woods
- Campfires and good conversations.